Petition Against The Trenton Police Chief
A petition is going around the City of Trenton accusing the Police Chief of not being fit for his position. Former employee of the Trenton Police Department,Lonnie Wilkerson Jr., started the petition because he says "the people of Trenton aren't getting what they're paying for."
Wilkerson states in the petition that Chief Billy Smith does nothing to correct the drug problem in the area, that he allows an officer to sleep on the job, and that he ultimately lacks the discipline and professionalism to serve as chief of police.
Chief Smith says he's embarrassed about the accusations and is waiting for his opportunity to defend himself on September 14th when the issue is addressed to the City Commission.
- Trenton Police Chief Fired
- Trenton Police Chief Officially Fired
- Trenton Police Chief Under Fire
- State Attorney's Office Files Petition in Hate Crime Against Teacher
- Alachua Committee Against Brutality Protest Against Gainesville Police
- Gainesville Meets to Discuss Police Chief Position Opening
- Gainesville Police Chief To Resign July 6
- Gainesville Police Chief Candidates Meet the Community
- Gainesville's First African American Police Chief Dies at 85
- High Springs Police Chief Cleared of Any Wrongdoing