NASA is dealing with critical cooling unit issue onboard Int'l Space Station.
Stop the Violence Rally
One North Central Florida group is doing everything it can to promote safety in schools. People Against Violence Enterprises (PAVE) held the Stop the Violence/Back to School rally on Saturday at Santa Fe College's Gymnasium. Organizers estimate around 2,000 people attended. 1,200 backpacks full of school supplies were given away free of charge. The rally focused on preventing violence by using conflict resolution. PAVE hopes to not only make classrooms safer but communities as well.
"We want to get across to students that there are better ways to handle their conflicts whether it is at home, in the neighborhood, or in the schools so that we can prevent problems before they happen," said Alachua County Schools Spokesperson Jackie Johnson.
One mother and father, who spoke at the event, lost their two sons to a violent crime. They spoke about their experience and what they hoped to achieve at the rally. To see that story, click on the video to the right.
- Back-To-School Fair Joins Forces With "Stop The Violence Rally"
- Anti Violence Rally
- Men On Board, Rally Against Domestic Violence
- One Stop Homeless Center "Stopped?"
- Giving Hope to Woman and Children Living in Domestic Violence Shelter
- Before Arrest, Hernandez No Stranger to Violence
- Domestic Violence History
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- Domestic Violence Victims Speak Out
- Violence Free Workplace