Truck Saves Massive Tree From Crushing House in Williston
An elderly couple from Williston was awakened by a piece of history coming through their roof.
Their neighbor Sasha Meeks said, "It sounded like the world was coming to an end if you want to know the truth of it."
The commotion was caused by a two hundred year old oak tree falling onto Ann and Glenn William's house on the corner of 1st avenue and 2nd street in Williston. According to witnesses, a young man in a passing car saw the tree fall and ran up to the front door to make sure everyone was okay.
Fortunately, he found the owners, who've lived in the home for 32 years, unharmed. They credit their son, Craig, with saving them and the house.
A few hours before the incident, Craig parked his yellow bucket truck behind their house and that ending up bracing the tree's fall. He said, "It was kind of a coincidence that we had just parked our truck there last night, it's a bucket truck...we were on another job and we were gonna cut down a little tree at his house."
The truck prevented the massive tree from crushing the house, but there is significant damage to a laundry room and guest bedroom. The mess of limbs and power lines in their yard had all the neighbors talking.
Sasha Meeks said, "I feel lucky that most of the trees on my property are on the perimeter because some of these little trees, you just never know what's going on with em'."
There are ways to tell if you have issues with the trees on your property. For more information go http://www.treesaregood.com.
- Tree Falls on Williston House Part 2
- Tree Branch Crushes Car Update
- Tree Branch Crushes Car, Apartment
- Massive Tree Falls Into Apartment Building, Trapping Families Inside
- Massive Tree Falls on Home, Family Makes it out Alive
- 12-Year-Old Boy Saves 4 Younger Siblings from House Fire
- Mini-Monster Truck Drivers at Williston Parade
- Grinch Breaks Into House and Steals Gifts Under Tree
- Gainesville Family Gets Rude Awakening After Tree Falls on House
- Tree fell on house