Weekend Spotlight September 4-5
Happy Friday everyone! We had a great week weatherwise....with a little break from the humid summer weather. And it looks to be a pretty good weekend, too if you want to get away from the house.
If checking out the local theatre scene is your thing, the Hipp is starting it's 38th season with a preview performance of the show "Boeing Boeing" tonight at 8. (Boeing...as in the aircraft maker, of course). Think of what it'd be like to be an architect living in Paris.....engaged to not one, but three flight attendants! I think I can imagine how tough that would be. The show goes through Sept 26th.
You can check it out Saturday at 5:00 and 8:30 pm....with Sunday shows at 2:00 and 7:30 pm.
If you're into music, there's the Big & Hearty Music Festival Saturday and Sunday. It will feature over 50 bands....and artwork too. Go to the Alachua County Fairgrounds at 2900 NE 39th Avenue in Gainesville.
Heading to the coast is always a popular thing on a holiday weekend. The Cedar Key annual auction is raising money for the Cedar Key Welcome Center. Over a hundred items, including boat trips and artwork, are up for grabs. The auction is Sunday at 12:30 pm at the Island Hotel, 373 Second Street
in Cedar Key.
Last....and certainly **not** least....Gator football is back! Gainesville will be hopping as the season gets cranked up at the Swamp Saturday at noon as the Fighting Gators take on the Redhawks of Ohio University. Go Gators!!!
- Weekend Spotlight Sept. 4-5
- Remembering September 11th
- Local School Celebrates America in September
- Local September 11th Commemorative Events
- One Class at a Time: Meet September 13' Winner Jane Walsh
- Florida National Guard's 100th Deployment Ceremony Since September 11
- Christmas In September?
- Community Spotlight September 23, 2009
- Community Spotlight September 30, 2009
- Community Spotlight September 2, 2009