Yearling Horse Sale Makes Over $8 Million
Today was the last day for hundreds of young horses to strut their stuff in Ocala- with bidders standing by. Horses are a familiar sight in Ocala; a city designated as the horse capital of the world.
In the last three days about 600 yearlings, or one-year-old horses, were sold to racing enthusiasts from all over the world. The Ocala Breeders' Sales Company puts on the three-day-long yearling sale every August.
Despite concerns about the economy, the event was more successful than last year, generating one million dollars more. In total, this year's sales are estimated between 8 and 9 million dollars.
- Marion Co. Horse Owners, Trainers Talk About Triple Crown Standards, OBS June Sale
- Horse Prices at OBS Winter Mix Sale Higher than Last Year
- Horses make a Landing
- Making horse racing champs
- Dance Marathon raises over 2 million for Children's Miracle Network
- Governor Rick Scott gives Alachua County Schools over $1 million
- UF Students Make-over Duval Elementary
- HOME MAKE OVER
- Horses Helping Horses event raises money for horses in need
- Area Home Sales Decline, State Sales Increase