Buchholz Honors Philip Clark
A plaque for Marine Lance Cpl. Philip Clark now sits at the foot of the Buccholz High School flag pole.
It's not the first memorial for Clark at his alma mater, the road leading to the school was named after him in June.
Clark joined the marines after graduating from Buchholz in 2008, but on May 18, Clark lost his life while on foot patrol in Marjah Afghanistan. He was 19 years old.
"He was defending our country and our freedoms and our rights and our liberties, and everybody that comes to school here will know that now" said Mike Clark, Philip's father.
- Philip Clark's Remains Back in the United States
- Funeral Arrangements and Motorcade Route For Marine Philip Paul Clark
- Philip Clark Visitation and Funeral Information
- One Year Later- LCpl Philip Clark
- Lance Corporal Clark's Body Returned Home
- Gainesville Developer Clark Butler Dies
- Local Medal of Honor Recipient Honored by American Legion
- Alachua County honors veteran in National Medal of Honor Day
- "American Bandstand" Host Dick Clark has Died
- Oscar Nominee Michael Clarke Duncan has Died