Mother's Fighting For Justice
Two Lake City mothers are doing everything they can to bring justice to their sons, Travis Walls and Daniel Lewis. The boys died from an overdose on pain killers, prescribed to them by Dr. Barnie Vanzant. The Florida Department of Health investigated the case and concluded that the combination of drugs he prescribed to the boys was lethal.
Today, two years after the death of their sons, Tammy Dennard and Chris Davis are still waiting for justice to be served. Columbia County Sheriff's office began an investigation to charge Dr. Vanzant with two counts of manslaughter. The case has been handed over to the state attorney's office who will decide whether they have enough evidence to move forward with an arrest.
At a trial in February, the state of Florida presented Dr. Vanzant with two options: to either pay a large fine or take elaborate medical courses at the University of Florida if he wanted to continue to practice medicine. Vanzant chose neither option, he retired and his license was revoked.
- Archer's Mother's Day Fest... Calm For Now
- Ocala Teens Slit Mother's Throat, Charged With Attempted Murder
- Mother's Day Turkey Shoot raises money for veterans
- A Mother's Hero
- Happy Mother's Day!
- 30 Year Mother's Day Festival Cancelled in Archer
- Police: Woman Steals $700 Of Merchandise For Mother's Day Gifts
- Baby dies; Mother's boyfriend admits to harming infant
- Son speaks about mother's death in TN plane crash
- Mother's Day gift ideas from the Design Diva