New Road in Ocala Helping to "Change America"
Vice President Joe Biden said the construction of a future road in Ocala is one of 100 projects that are "Changing America."
Local businesses are helping to build the road beginning on the corner of NW 44th Avenue.
The project immediately created 24 construction jobs. Last year, the construction industry lost over 1,000 jobs in Ocala alone.
In a letter released last week, the Vice President said that projects like this one are some of the most effective in putting people back to work now and transforming the economy for years to come.
Cone Distributing is planning to set up a $17 million dollar distribution center off the new road. President and CEO, Douglas Cone Jr. stated that the City of Ocala, Marion County and recovery zone bonds made the project a reality. He says it will have created nearly 60 jobs.
- Post Office Workers Against "Change of Address"
- Ocala's New Roads to Be Named
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- One Ocala, One America
- "Sergeant Ricky Lord Road" - State Road 26 Renamed
- Homeless "Meal Limit" Changed to "Time Limit"
- "TXT 4 HELP" Program Aims to Help Teens in Crisis
- Dixie County Residents Hope Traffic Changes Will Help Solve Problems at Dangerous Intersection
- "Bong Ban," in Florida Doesn't Change Much for Store-owners
- New Road for New Business