Sex Offender Arrested in Gainesville Neighborhood
He was a stranger among them. Now that his identity has been revealed, neighbors are outraged. 40 year old Elvin Baxter was arrested by police Tuesday evening for failure to report that he moved after 3 days of 24-hour surveillance. Baxter was convicted in 2003 for lewd and lascivious behavior involving a minor. Neighbors of Gainesville's Pine Ridge community were upset by the news that a sex offender had being living among them.
"I'm glad he is going out of Pine Ridge. We've got too many kids out here for him to be here," said neighbor Betty Morris.
Neighbors say they've never seen Baxter bother anyone but police argued it isn't about that. To see more on the arrest, watch the video to your right.
- Former Gainesville teacher arrested for violating sex offender registration
- Sex Offenders In Your Neighborhood: One Woman's Shocking Discovery
- Sex Offenders Working in Neighborhoods?
- Registered Sex Offender in Ocala Arrested Again
- Registered Sex Offender Arrested for Lewd Behavior on Underage Girl
- Sex Offender Arrested on New Rape Charges
- Sex offender arrested in Clay County
- Three child sex offenders arrested in Bradford County
- Convicted Sex Offender Asks to be Castrated
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media