Solar Panels Make Energy Savings Possible
The Gainesville Regional Airport will install 160 solar panels on their roof come October thanks to a state grant.
Once in place, the panels will generate their own energy and save the facility on utility costs.
This is not the first time the airport has used solar energy before.
Forty years ago, rooftop panels warmed water for the building and captured international attention for the innovative idea.
Those panels were removed in the 1980's and the new models are far more technologically advanced.
- Area Firefighters Train to Deal With Solar Panel Fires
- Solar Panels on School Roofs Approved
- Solar Panel Contract Comes Under Criticism
- Stoneridge Installs Solar Panels
- Educating Others About Solar Energy
- Solar Energy in Gainesville
- Solar Energy
- Zero Energy Solar Homes
- Looking to Energy-Saving Measures to Save Alachua County Schools Money
- Saving Energy For Shands, Saving Money for the City