Tight Security Outside Dove World Outreach Center
Security was at an all time high outside the Dove World Outreach Center today. Gainesville Police were out in full force prepared for anything. There was a road block on NW 37th Street where police checked identification. GPD said they continued with their plans despite the cancellation of the Koran burning. On the church property, only credentialed media were allowed on site.
"I've been at the department for 17 years and this is one of the biggest things we've prepared for that I've been involved in," said Gainesville Police Spokesperson Cpl. Tscharna Senn.
GPD worked with local, state, and federal agencies to coordinate today's security plan.
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
- Dove World Outreach Sale Finalized
- Cornerstone Academy Falls Short to Purchase Dove World Outreach Center
- Protests at Dove Outreach Center
- Controversy Continues at The Dove Outreach Center
- Three New Islam Signs at Dove Outreach Center
- Dove World Outreach Center Applies for Burn Permit
- Dove World Outreach Timeline of Events
- Car crash outside of Ocala drive in theater
- Athletes, Families Weigh Security Concerns Amid Sochi Terror Threats