Traffic Test Drives Down Sales
An increase in fender benders led the Alachua County Commission to begin a test that would change traffic patterns in Northwest Gainesville.
In March Alachua County's Public Works closed down several medians to study the impact on drivers and businesses.
The medians will remained closed until October but some area businesses are crying foul.
At the same time of the closures the Millhopper Square Publix was undergoing renovations causing even more confusion for drivers.
Businesses in the Millhopper Square are meeting later in September to work with the county on alternatives to permanently closing down the medians.
Commissioners will continue to take public feedback until the tests end on October 12th.
- Football Season, Driving Sales
- Stolen Car Shuts Down Traffic
- Christmas Tree Sales Down Because of Florida Heat
- Officers Cracking Down On Drunk Driving
- Gainesville Police Try To Crack Down On Underage Alcohol Sales
- Pickup Trucks Drive US Auto Sales to 3-Year High
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- Area Home Sales Decline, State Sales Increase
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Once again, Zimmerman pulled over in traffic stop