Disposal of Unwanted Medicine
Improper disposal of expired or unused medicine could have serious consequences. For a long time, the recommendation was to flush unneeded medicine down the toilet. However, some wonder if the drugs could influence the water supply. A push to solve these problems led companies to unveil take back programs where people send their unwanted medicine off to be incinerated. Programs that are not well known to most people.
"There really is no good current system that is available everywhere that is easily recognizable," said pharmacist Brad Vanriper.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Unwanted Newborns
- Gainesville Woman Comes Home to an Unwanted Guest
- Army Preventive Medicine Unit to Deploy
- The Growing Need for Cheaper Medicine
- FDA Investigates Recall Of 40 Children's Medicines
- UF/Shands Family Medicine at Main Groundbreaking
- 2/25/13 Fitzness Minute: Medicine Ball Exercises
- Personalized Medicine For Macular Degeneration
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part Three
- Medical Spotlight: Adolescent Medicine