Disposal of Unwanted Medicine
Improper disposal of expired or unused medicine could have serious consequences. For a long time, the recommendation was to flush unneeded medicine down the toilet. However, some wonder if the drugs could influence the water supply. A push to solve these problems led companies to unveil take back programs where people send their unwanted medicine off to be incinerated. Programs that are not well known to most people.
"There really is no good current system that is available everywhere that is easily recognizable," said pharmacist Brad Vanriper.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- 5th graders learn about bomb disposal robots
- Gainesville Woman Comes Home to an Unwanted Guest
- Unwanted Newborns
- UF/Shands Family Medicine at Main Groundbreaking
- 2/25/13 Fitzness Minute: Medicine Ball Exercises
- Personalized Medicine For Macular Degeneration
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part Three
- Medical Spotlight: Adolescent Medicine
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part Two
- Alternative Medicine: Allergies, Part One