FHP Bans Cell Phones For Patrolmen
Florida's Highway Patrol thinks distracted drivers are bad drivers, so they are trying to lead by example.
In an effort to get people to put down their cell phone and put both hands on the wheel, the agency banned the use of hand held phones for troopers on patrol.
The policy change will affect 1600 people, but all patrolmen will still be able to use hands free devices, like bluetooths.
FHP hopes the move will lead to fewer drivers being distracted on the road and cut the amount of accidents.
- State Lawmakers Promoting Ban on Cell Phone Use Among Teenage Drivers
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Cell Phones in Classrooms
- Does Cell Phone Use Cause Cancer?
- Cell Phone Scammer Jailed
- Police Now Need Warrant To Search Cell Phones, Locals Weigh In
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 1
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 2
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 3
- Cell Phones for Soldiers