Got Raw Milk?
They like their milk raw but not everyone thinks that's the healthiest way to drink milk. A growing trend in North Central Florida has many saying forget about pasteurization. Howard Kurtz, nicknamed Bubba, and his family sell raw milk every Wednesday at Gainesville's downtown farmers market. Since the milk is unpasteurized, the state of Florida requires Kurtz to label the food for pet consumption only.
"We all know what they are buying it for. It's a shame that people have to go back ways and secretive ways to do things," said Howard Kurtz.
University of Florida dairy experts said people risk exposing themselves to bacteria if they consume raw milk. To see more on this story, watch the video to your right.
- Got Milk? Farm Bill Discussion Raises Questions on Price of Dairy
- Milk Prices
- Got Tickets?
- Schools May Lose Chocolate Milk
- Sewage Line Breaks, Causes Raw Sewage to Spill onto Intersection
- Snowden Says He Got Job to Access NSA Programs
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem