Marion County has More to Recycle
From plastic food containers to toys, a new campaign in Marion County now allows residents to recycle a much wider range of plastic items.
New state laws will require local municipalities to reach a 40 percent recycling rate by 2012 and 60 percent recycling rate by 2016.
Marion County expanded their current program to reach these goals.
The new list of recyclables includes plastics numbered one through five and seven. Styrofoam items, sometimes numbered six are still excluded.
The new list could include everything from plastic food trays, butter containers, CD cases, and even sunglasses.
- Marion County introduces new recycling system for electronics
- One Horse has Died and One is Recovering After Being Injected with Gasoline in Marion County
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- More "green" space for Marion County; looks to improve parks
- Man Charged for Recycling Center Burglary
- County Aiming to Hire more Local Businesses
- Hopkin's Prairie Fire Tears Through More than 19-Hundred Acres in Marion County
- RECYCLING CENTERS MARION COUNTY
- Ocala Man has more time to get a Heart Transplant
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill