Marion County has More to Recycle
From plastic food containers to toys, a new campaign in Marion County now allows residents to recycle a much wider range of plastic items.
New state laws will require local municipalities to reach a 40 percent recycling rate by 2012 and 60 percent recycling rate by 2016.
Marion County expanded their current program to reach these goals.
The new list of recyclables includes plastics numbered one through five and seven. Styrofoam items, sometimes numbered six are still excluded.
The new list could include everything from plastic food trays, butter containers, CD cases, and even sunglasses.
- RECYCLING CENTERS MARION COUNTY
- One Horse has Died and One is Recovering After Being Injected with Gasoline in Marion County
- Marion County has a case of "Horse Fever"
- Hopkin's Prairie Fire Tears Through More than 19-Hundred Acres in Marion County
- MARION COUNTY MEN FACING MORE CHARGES
- More than 50 People Arrested for Drugs in Marion County
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Ocala Man has more time to get a Heart Transplant
- Body Found in Levy County has Been Identified
- Homeless on Streets in Alachua County Has Dropped