Sheriff's Blue Ribbon Task Force Approved
Marion County Board of Commissioners approved the formation of a blue-ribbon panel Tuesday that will study the possibility of consolidating the Marion County Sheriff and Fire Departments.
Sheriff Ed Dean submitted a proposal last week in a letter to Commission Chair, Barbara Fitos stating a consolidation could save thousands of taxpayers' dollars.
According to Chairwoman Fitos, the panel will include a total of seven members. The Sheriff and the five Commissioners will each appoint one member of the panel. A seventh member would be jointly appointed by the Sheriff and the Commissioners. That individual would serve as the chairperson of the the blue-ribbon task force.
The panel will have until the January 18th board meeting to submit their recommendations for a consolidation.
- High Springs' Mayor's Economic Development Task Force
- New Grant Funds ASO's Child Sexual Predator Task Force
- Judge Rules MCSO Deputies Used Excessive Force on Joshua Salvato, Grants Wrongful Death Award
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- President Obama Forms Task Force to Crack Down on College Sex Assaults
- Black on Black Crime Task Force