Trenton Police Chief Under Fire
After a petition accusing Trenton's police chief Billy Smith of a number of things acquired over 300 signatures, commissioners decided the accusations were worth investigating.
City mayor Glen Thigpen and city manager Taylor Brown spent five and a half weeks conducting interviews with employees from the police department as well as other witnesses. At tonight's meeting, commissioners went through all twenty complaints, letting Chief Billy Smith reply before making their decision.
A unanimous vote referred the matter to the city manager, Taylor Brown, to make the final decision. He is expected to announce his decision within the next week.
- Trenton Police Chief Officially Fired
- Trenton Police Chief Fired
- Former Fire Chief Under Fire
- Petition Against The Trenton Police Chief
- Police Chief in Martin Case Remains Under Scrutiny
- Sanford Police Chief Fired
- Chief Campfield sworn in as Dunnellon police chief
- Fire Rescue Budget Under Fire
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- UPS, FedEx Under Fire for Late Christmas Deliveries