Gainesville Man Murdered in Holly Heights
A Gainesville man is dead after a 911 call was made indicating the man was injured. It wasn't until the man was examined at the hospital that doctors realized he had been shot. Alachua county sheriff's deputies identified 42 year old John Civill as the man. They said there was no blood in the apartment at 6722 SW 6th Place and that Civill's wound was not visible. This isn't the first murder at the apartment building.
"We have had a number of violent crimes in this neighborhood. Ironically enough in this very same apartment building upstairs, we did have a homicide about a year and a half ago where a young lady was shot and killed," said Alachua County Sheriff's Office Spokesperson Steve Maynard.
To see more on this murder and last year's homicide, watch the video to your right.
- Man Indicted in Holly Heights Murder
- Rebuilding Trust in Holly Heights
- HOLLY HEIGHTS CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY
- Gainesville Man Guilty of Second Degree Murder
- Jury Indicts Gainesville Man For Murder Of His Girlfriend
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- Keystone Heights Man Fatally Shot by ASO Deputies
- Orange Heights Man Attacked by Bull
- Man Charged With Murder After Another Man, Dog Found Stabbed to Death
- Yaupon Holly Tea