Gainesville Man Murdered in Holly Heights
A Gainesville man is dead after a 911 call was made indicating the man was injured. It wasn't until the man was examined at the hospital that doctors realized he had been shot. Alachua county sheriff's deputies identified 42 year old John Civill as the man. They said there was no blood in the apartment at 6722 SW 6th Place and that Civill's wound was not visible. This isn't the first murder at the apartment building.
"We have had a number of violent crimes in this neighborhood. Ironically enough in this very same apartment building upstairs, we did have a homicide about a year and a half ago where a young lady was shot and killed," said Alachua County Sheriff's Office Spokesperson Steve Maynard.
To see more on this murder and last year's homicide, watch the video to your right.
- Man Indicted in Holly Heights Murder
- HOLLY HEIGHTS CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY
- Rebuilding Trust in Holly Heights
- Stabbing Suspect Well-Known to Holly Heights
- Investigators searching for Holly Heights shooter
- Search continues for Holly Heights shooter
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- Jury Indicts Gainesville Man For Murder Of His Girlfriend
- Gainesville Man Guilty of Second Degree Murder
- Murder suspects in killing of Gainesville man caught in Alachua County