Interstate Traffic Delayed For Hours
A deadly car accident in the Southbound lanes of Interstate 75 delayed traffic for hours this morning.
One woman died in the crash and another was injured.
Florida Highway Patrol had to redirect traffic off of I-75 from the Alachua and 39th Avenue exits for just under three hours while they worked the scene.
The accident happened around 8:40 this morning when a woman driving a Toyota Solaris drifted into a grassy median, lost control of her car and spun into oncoming traffic.
She was hit by a man driving a white Dodge pick-up truck.
He was treated at the scene but his wife, who was traveling in the passenger seat was taken to Shands for non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the Toyota died at the scene, she was a Gainesville resident.
- Robert Waterhouse Executed in Florida After 2-Hour Delay
- Residents Tired of Rush Hour Traffic Speeding Through Their Neighborhood
- Dog Saved From Rush Hour Traffic
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- Black Bear Struck by Car on Interstate
- Fire on Interstate 75
- Interstate Accidents
- Intelligent Transportation System Unveiled on Interstate 75
- Interstate Call Boxes Hung Up For Good
- Two Injured in Interstate Shootout