Sante Fe's "Operation Carepak" Is Sending Love to Soldiers
Sante Fe College is supporting Florida soldiers for their second year with "Operation Carepak 2."
Operation Carepak provides monthly care packages to members of the Florida Army National Guard's Special Forces group.
Carepak is in memory of two Sante Fe students who lost their lives in Iraq in 2003.
The program was started last year by Anne Marie Mattison, the mother of one of the fallen soldiers. She said, "This is really a way to honor their memory, and to do what they would be doing, and to let the community know that this is going to be a long drawn out war...What we do in Operation Care Pak is we support the men and women who are deployed."
For more information on Operation Carepak and how you can donate go to http://www.sfcollege.edu/operationcarepak/.
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- 19 Arrested in Cross-County Sexual Offender Sting Called "Operation Wrangler"
- "Operation Rebuild," Helping Others In Marion County
- Illegal Online Gambling stopped in "Operation Game Over"
- "Operation Dry Water" Cracks Down on Illegal Boating Activities
- "He Loved Everything about Being a Soldier," Fallen Hero's Body Returns Home
- "Operation: Stuff the Bus" Event Saturday
- Operation CarePak Kicks Off at Santa Fe College
- Santa Fe's Casey Scoggin's, Walking On and Loving It
- Hay Field Day at Santa Fe's River Ranch