As Shopping Increases During The Holidays, So Does Shoplifting.
According to the National Retail Federation retailers lost an estimated 12 billion dollars to shoplifting last year. NRF states that retailers depend on holiday shopping for nearly 25-40 percent of their annual sales. However, the holiday crowds seem to help thieves blend in.
Officers say that theft always increases during the holiday season, and that it always will. Some stores in Gainesville are trying to crack down on this issue by giving their employee's cash incentives.
- Domestic violence increases during holidays
- Thrift Store Shops Increasing
- Holiday Shopping Trends
- Police Officers Ring in the Holidays with a Shopping Spree for a Group of Students
- Early Holiday Shopping
- Holiday Shopping Safety
- Holiday Shopping
- Holiday shopping season brings potential for theft
- Traveling During the Thanksgiving Holiday? Plan Ahead if Your're Coming Back Sunday
- Your Health: Managing Depression During the Holidays