Trenton Police Chief Officially Fired
Trenton's police chief Billy Smith was officially fired at tonight's city commission meeting. It started with a petition launched by a former employee of the police department and ended with the chief's termination.
He was fired by city manager Taylor Brown on November 5th and appealed this decision at tonight's meeting. Smith's attorney, Ray Earl Thomas, asked the commission for a second chance for his client.
After two and a half hours and a couple heated arguments, the commission unanimously voted to uphold their decision to fire the chief. Gilchrist County Sheriff's Office will take over the chief's responsibilities until his position is filled.
- Trenton Police Chief Under Fire
- Trenton Police Chief Fired
- Petition Against The Trenton Police Chief
- Sanford Police Chief Fired
- Chief Campfield sworn in as Dunnellon police chief
- Former Fire Chief Under Fire
- Ocala's New Fire Chief Meets City Council
- High Springs Chief Fired Up
- High Spring's Fire Chief Finalists
- Pavillion Dedication Memorializes Former Fire Chief Hope Powell