Years Later, One Airman Returned to Service
He answered the call of duty, not once, but twice. An airman from North Central Florida served his county bravely but his passion meant a return to service later in life. High Springs resident Eric Tuggle served in Operation Desert Storm where he helped evacuate wounded soldiers to Germany. His passion for helping others lead him to re-enlist in the army reserve in 2006. He described his service as unforgettable.
"It could be memorable, frustrating, honorable, proud, horrible, and elating," said Tuggle.
There are 23 million other Americans whose stories of service may not be told but nonetheless are still recognized. To see Tuggle's story, watch the video to your right.
- One Year Later, Still No Answers
- 6 years later, disappearance of Haleigh Cummings remains cold
- Two Years Later, Alachua County's Airboat Noise Ordinance Goes Unenforced
- 4 Years Later, Still No Answers
- 2 Years Later, No Arrests Made In Homicide
- 25 years later, memories of Gainesville student murders remain
- More Than Two Decades Later, Superbowl Ring Returned To Rightful Owner
- Remembering Curtis and Dante One Year Later
- Search for Omar Gibson Continues One Year Later
- Paynes Prairie Bison- One Year Later