Alachua County Resident Get's A Big Gift from the County
A resident of Alachua County has received a great big gift from the county, all tied up with a ribbon and bow.
Effie Theus's home was nearly unlivable just months ago, and in violation of county code. But Theus couldn't afford to fix it.
So the county teamed up with Alachua County Habitat For Humanity and Alachua Youth Build to renovate her home.
Theus said, "I can't tell you how I feel...you know it's too wonderful. I love it."
Representatives from the county, Habitat for Humanity and Youth Build all attended the ribbon cutting to celebrate the newly renovated home.
- Local teen get's an early start in politics...
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site
- Thieves Steal Christmas Gifts from Broward County Family
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Residents "Go Big" When it Comes to Christmas Lights
- Alzheimer's Research Gets Some Big Funding In Florida
- Residents ask county for "livable wages"
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- Alachua County Presents Options for New Fairgrounds to Residents