Gingerbread houses are a holiday treat a lot of people think is as much fun to make as it is to eat.
At the Thomas Center do-gooder decorators put together their own delicious designs to raise money for the Ronald McDonald house.
The organization helps make hospital stays more comfortable for the families of sick children.
The Ronald McDonald house serves 1,000 families at their facility and an additional 4 to 5 thousand at Shands each year.
Their annual gingerbread "build a house for the house" fundraiser combines fun, food and charity that families depend on this holiday season and beyond.
The organization charges families ten dollars a night and even with low rates, the Ronald McDonald House says about sixty percent of families can not afford the expense.
For more information on how you help visit Ronald McDonald House.
- HIGH SPRINGS TREE DECORATING CONTEST
- North Florida Regional Decorates Lawn With Pink Flamingos
- Kick off Summer with Festive Decorations
- Thieves Caught On Camera Stealing Christmas Decorations
- Good Grades For Students May Not Translate Into Good Report Cards For Schools
- Good News for Local Schools?
- Canned Goods Challenge Kicks Off
- Tasty Buddha closes for good
- Thieves Busted After Pawning Stolen Goods
- Gatornationals Is Good for Business