Grading Area High Schools
The grades are in and for some high schools across North Central Florida the news is fantastic. One of the most drastic changes was Eastside High School in Gainesville who jumped from a "D" to an "A." Eastside's principal said that the school's score is not merely a reflection of its IB program.
"One thing about the new grading formula is that a group of high performing students cannot mask under achievement of the other students," said principal Jeff Charbonnet.
To see how other high school scored across the state, watch the video to your right.
- New Grading System for Florida High Schools
- School Grades May Not Reflect Grades Actually Earned
- Annual School Grades Fall Sharply Thanks to New Standards
- Alachua County Public Schools Release Grades
- School Grades Are In
- Good Grades For Students May Not Translate Into Good Report Cards For Schools
- Nation's "School Grade"
- Local Schools Respond to Drop in Letter Grade
- School Grades See Slight Drop
- School Officials Blame Dip in Grades on State's Changes to F-CAT