Holiday DUI Crackdown
Some celebrations this time of year head down the wrong road. Particularly when party-goers hit the road. Before you spike that eggnog law enforcement suggests having a designated driver. Over the limit, under arrest is the statewide campaign that has law enforcement throughout Florida cracking down on drunk driving. Triple A expects a three percent increase in holiday travel for Florida with more than 4.8 million residents traveling 50 miles or more from December 23rd through January 2nd.
With more people on the and holiday celebrations in full swing, you will see more squad cars on the road with you. From December 16th through January 2nd there will be an increase of troopers and officers looking for impaired and aggressive drivers. Over this past Thanksgiving weekend the Florida Highway Patrol made 120 DUI arrests, catching those drunk drivers before hurting themselves or someone else.
Depending on the case, a DUI can result in a suspended or revoked license, a misdemeanor charge, and possible jail time.
- DUI Crackdown
- Holiday Weekend DUI's
- DUI Checkpoint during Holiday Weekend
- Move Over Law Crackdown
- Gainesville Police Crackdown On Aggressive Drivers
- With Start of Football Season, Comes Police Crackdown on Drunk Driving
- Speeding Crackdown
- Coke Crack-down
- NTSB: DUI Limit Should Be Lowered to 0.05% Blood-Alcohol Level
- Woman Receives DUI Charge After Hitting An Unmarked Police Car