Marion County Preparing For Wildfires
Despite some rain in the forecast, drought conditions are forecasted to continue and that is making fire officials concerned with the spring fire season. Today alone the Division of Forestry reported 18 wildfires in North Central Florida. Marion County is teaming up with the Division of Forestry to develop a Community Wildfire Protection Plan. This plan will try to coordinate the county's resources into a specific plan to protect the county from the impact of wildfires. One potential benefit to the plan is more federal funding. Marion County is on the state's top ten concern list for wildfires. They hope to have their plan by may.
- Marion County Schools Prepare for the Worst
- Alachua County Wildfire Evacuations Update
- Local Wildfires Keep Burn Ban in Effect: Clay County Blaze Now Burning
- Firefighters Still Fighting Wildfire In Columbia County
- Levy County Cutting Back Wildfire Risks
- Wildfire Threatened Homes in Alachua County
- Update On Lafayette County Wildfires
- Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
- Alachua County Prepares For General Election
- Residents in Columbia County prepare for flooding