Negotations Will Continue Over Butler Plaza's Expansion
A major business expansion, that looked set to move forward Monday night, didn't. At the special commission meeting, developers of Butler Plaza took aim at a condition imposed by the city. Experts explained one condition would make the plan unaffordable. Some city leaders wondered why an objection wasn't raised beforehand.
"When we sit here and we're in a meeting where ideally we would be taking final action to approve the zoning. We kinda of got two choices. We can approve the staff recommendation over the grievous concerns of the applicant or we can deny the application" said commissioner Thomas Hawkins.
Both sides will now try to work out an agreement. To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- City Commission Approves Changes to Butler Plaza Expansion Project
- Butler Plaza Expansion, I-75 Overpass
- Man Killed by Police on Butler Plaza
- Rooftop Fire at Butler Plaza Forces Shoppers to Evacuate
- Butler Plaza Plans Move Forward
- Gainesville City Commissioners To Vote On Butler Plaza Annexation
- Butler Plaza Expanding
- Police Clear Butler Plaza Walmart
- Argument Continues Over Oil Drilling Off Florida's Coast
- Controversy over plaza construction