Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Remembering The Three P's During Cold Snap
It's forecast to be cold around North Central Florida most of the week.
By now we should all know it is important to protect our plants, pipes and pets, but there are some ways to protect all three with very little expense.
To protect your plants, you'll want to invest in a freeze cloth, preferably one that is water resistant.
If you can't afford one, a light sheet or comforter will work too.
Also, be sure to turn off your sprinkler system if it's set to automatically start at night.
To keep your pets warm, bring them inside during the night, or if they are strictly outdoor animals, provide them with lots of blankets and protection from the wind.
When it comes to your pipes, GRU says cover exposed water pipes with electric tape or cloth, and if neither are available, turn to a newspaper!
Also, the age old advice of leaving a facet running works too.
- Late-Season Cold Snap Forces Homeless Shelter to Ask City for More Funds
- Saving Cold Hard Cash During Cooldowns
- Tuskegee Airmen Remembered During Black History Month
- Alachua County Man Arrested For SNAP Fraud
- Social Media's Role During Bombings
- Traveling During the Thanksgiving Holiday? Plan Ahead if Your're Coming Back Sunday
- Woman's Roof has Leaked for Three Years - Now She's Getting a New One
- Arrests Are Made in TV 20's Cold Case Feature
- Murdered Gainesville Teen's Case Not Cold
- Dan's Day Trips Part Three