Residental Project, Focus of Neighborhood Meeting
City leaders were brokering peace Monday evening as they tried to calm citizens' fear and uncertainty about a residential project. At a neighborhood meeting, leaders listened to residents' concern over a environment friendly home that is being built out of old shipping containers. Some residents argued the project doesn't fit the neighborhood's spirit while others welcomed the private investment to the area.
"For decades, the only thing that ever got built in here was government involved something. The fact that a private investor is coming here and spending their own money on a house, I find exciting," said Jim Beeler.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Northwest 8th Ave Project Moved to Nightside Meeting
- Murphy's (Rewritten) Law: Stay Focused, Win Championships
- Without Title Hopes, Gators Try to Focus On Attainable Goals
- Gainesville's Environmental Film and Arts Festival Focuses on Becoming More "Green"
- Law & Justice Conference For Students Focuses On Civil Rights
- Gainesville Commission At-Large Candidates Focus on GRU at Final 4A Forum
- New Program Focuses on the Aging Brain
- Peace Ribbon Project
- Duke Energy Customers to Pay More for Failed Nuclear Plant Projects