Sheriff Asked Dove to Pay Up
She says they took it to the extreme and now it's time for them to pay up.
Alachua county sheriff Sadie Darnell's billed the Dove World Outreach Center $65,540.23. The sheriff said the church's much-hyped actions consumed valuable resources. Church leaders aruged they were merely exercised their free speech rights and never asked for protection.
"99 percent of the time it is our duty to do that and our responsibility to basically not take any sides and permit everyone to have their rights but this was so extreme, so extraordinary," said Darnell.
"I need to be able to share my faith about Jesus Christ and the Muslim should be able to share his beliefs of Allah," said Luke Jones.
To see more on this story, watch the video to your right.
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Zimmerman Asking State To Pay His Bill
- Terry Jones Arrested as Spirit of Faith Opens on Former Dove Property
- Gregory Dove is sentenced for murder
- Dove World Outreach Sale Finalized
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
- Cornerstone Academy Falls Short to Purchase Dove World Outreach Center
- Cornerstone Academy Needs a "Miracle" to Purchase Dove Property
- Protests at Dove Outreach Center
- Controversy Continues at The Dove Outreach Center