Wildfire Threatened Homes in Alachua County
A wildfire in North Central Florida burned overnight Thursday which put one community on watch. No evacuations were ordered but yesterday's flames came awfully close to homes in Cross Creek. Firefighters do not expect winds to be as strong Friday which they hope will prevent the fire from flaring up.
"We will still see some smoke because there is a lot of unburnt fuel in the interior of this fire," said Florida Division of Forestry's Ludie Bond.
To see more on this report and what residents did to battle back, watch the video to your right.
- Homes Threatened By Wildfire
- Wildfires Continue to Threaten Calif. Homes
- Gainesville Woman Threatens Man with Mace, Charged with False Imprisonment
- Newest 'Paws On Parole' Class Looking For New Homes
- City's First Home Invasion Threatened an Infant's Life
- Alachua County is Home to the Oldest Active Bomb Squad Technician in the Country
- Man threatens to blow up a Publix
- Sewage Seepage at Gainesville Home
- Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans Day
- Rebuilding Homes In Alachua County