Armed Home Invasion in Ocala
Sometimes an alarm clock isn't the worst way to wake up.
Two people were fast asleep in Ocala when they woke up to the sound of their bedroom door being kicked in by two men with a gun.
The home invasion happened around two o'clock Wednesday morning on SE 4th Place.
Deputies say 19 year-old Jamale Whitaker and Dominique Owens broke into the home looking for a man named Kris Hale.
The two suspects took one resident, Micheal Petito into the garage where he was asked to give Hale's location and asked, "where's the money," reports state. Petito did not answer and was pistol-whipped.
Meanwhile the man they were searching for, Kris Hale was hiding in the bedroom's closet.
After Whitaker and Owens did not locate Hale or the money, they left the home.
The female resident in the home told deputies she heard two gunshots from outside the home after the suspects had left.
There were three children in the home at the time of the invasion. They were not injured.
Whitaker and Owens were arrested Wednesday afternoon.
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery
- Second Ocala Home Invasion in One Week
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- Home Invasion Plan Leads To Several Resident Arrest
- Home Invasion Robberies
- Levy County Home Invasion and Shooting
- 90-year-old Stops Home Invasion
- Marion County Home Invasion
- HIGH SPRINGS HOME INVASION