There are some benefits to getting old, just ask senior dancing Queen, Anna Mae.
"They know a lot themselves...whatever they want to know, they know themselves," said anna mae, a 90-year-old gainesville woman, who has been a client at Al'z Place for the past two years.
Al'z place is a day care for adults living with Alzheimer's, an epidemic that currently affects 5.3 million Americans today, and is expected to triple by 2050.
On Tuesday President Obama signed the National Alzheimer's Project Act into law, the first national plan to combat the brain-wating condition.
"I'm hoping locally, this initiative will make our legislature our state government, think twice about possibly cutting the funding for this program," said Anthony Clarizio, Executive Director for Alachua County's Elder Care.
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Battling Alzheimer's
- Peanut Butter Smell Test May Help Diagnose Alzheimer's Disease
- Your Health: Alzheimer's Awareness Month
- Your Health: Painting Up Support For Alzheimer's Care
- Alzheimer's Research Gets Some Big Funding In Florida
- Stress linked to Alzheimer's disease
- Wandering man with Alzheimer's killed by car
- Alzheimer's Association offers "Memories in the Making" painting program
- Rare Brain Disease Often Mistaken for Alzheimer's