City's First Home Invasion Threatened an Infant's Life
The hunt is still on as of Wednesday evening for a man that police suspect has such a strong drug addiction that he threatened to kill an infant to satisfy it. In Cedar Key's first reported home invasion robbery, 18-year old mom Cheyenne Wells said the robber threatened to kill her four month old daughter Harmony. Once the gun was pressed against Harmony's head, Wells said her maternal instinct kicked in.
"I pushed the gun off of her head and as soon as I did that... he shot the floor," said Wells.
Police chief Virgil Sandlin said he believes this is simply a drug deal gone bad but that the man wanted is dangerous. To see more on this report, watch the video to your right. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Cedar Key Police Department or the Levy County Sheriff's Office.
- Mother Charged In Infant's Bathtub Drowning
- Man Guilty Of Infant's Death
- Invasive Plants Threatening Native Vegetation on Payne's Prairie
- Man Gets Life For Fatal Home Invasion
- RTS Contract Negotiations Head to Arbitration as Union Rejects City's Latest Offer
- City's Underage Drinking Ordinance Gets Award
- Digging Deep for City's Fresh Water Supply
- City's Homeless Center Takes Step Forward
- City's Message To Students...Fill Out The Census!
- Waldo Officials Seeking to Improve City's Image