Consolidation of Marion County Fire and Sheriff Deprtments One Step Closer
It is a move Marion County Sheriff, Ed Dean says could save tax payers millions-merging the County's Sheriff and Fire Rescue departments.
A blue-ribbon task force has been studying the proposition for the last couple of months and presented their final report Monday.
In a 5-2 vote, the blue-ribbon task force favorably considered a possible, future consolidation.
Panel members Carl Crabtree and Sam McConnell comprised the two dissenting votes. Panel members who voted in support of a possible merger included Douglas Cone, local business owner, Brian Cretul, Habitat of Humanity of Marion County Board Member, Tim Petty, Ocala/ Marion County Tourism Development Council, and Chester Trow, local lawyer.
Marion County Commissioners will consider the consolidation proposition next week.
- Consolidation of Marion County Fire and Sheriff Deprtments Inches Closer
- Authorities May Be One Step Closer To Catching Their Suspect
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Marion County School District Consolidates Custodial Services
- Another Johnson Steps Down From Levy County Sheriff's Office
- Marion County looks to step up school security
- Blair Wins Nomination for Republican Marion County Sheriff Candidate
- Unionizing At Marion County Sheriff's Office?
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Fair
- Marion County Sheriff Makes "Bold" Proposal