Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Family Honors Child, Helps Community
Sometimes it takes tragedy to inspire people to reach out to others.
Nearly two years after she lost her daughter Ja'Niyah in a bicycle accident, Ayana Archer and her family are committed to honoring the young girl's memory instead of focusing on the pain.
On Monday, January 10th, the family will hold two candlelight vigil's to honor Ja"niyah, one at sunrise and the other at sunset.
Both will be held at the corner of N.W. 32nd Avenue and NW 12th Terrace in Gainesville.
The Family says anyone is welcome to attend, and asks that people bring a canned food item to be donated to children in need.
- Child, 2, Seriously Injured After Crawling Under SUV
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others
- Friends, Family, and Colleagues Gather To Honor Community Leader at Retirement Party
- Community Helps Alachua Family Recover and Rebuild
- Community Leader Honored with Sports Complex
- Students/Community Honor Victims of 9/11 with "Good Deed" Marathon
- TV 20's Bob William;s Honored for Community Service
- Community Honors Veterans
- Father Honors Son's Memory By Helping Kids Swim
- Summer Camp Helps Child Burn Victims