Fatal Car Crashes up since 2009
The roadways of Marion County claimed the lives of 79 people in 2010, 13 more than in 2009.
This past year's numbers show a significant indicator of a possible culprit.
"Well the big thing when you look at the statistics, we show that 56 percent of the fatalities this year weren't wearing seat belts," said Lt. Sandy Mandell of the Florida Highway Patrol.
Ten of last year's fatalities happened in the City of Ocala, and the police department says they are also urging everyone to click it.
"It could be the difference between life and death," Sgt. Micheal Sommers of the Ocala Police Department said.
The second highest factor in 2010 contributing to road fatalities was alcohol, accounting for 26 percent of all fatal crashes.
- Columbia County Fatal Car Crash
- Fatal Car Crash
- Fatal Car Crash in Marion County
- Local Dentist Died in Fatal Car Crash
- Car Fatalities Are Up In Gainesville
- Fatal Crashes Might Be Linked
- Driver Arrested For Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Local Pilot In Disbelief After Williston Fatal Plane Crash
- Marion County Residents Clean Up Fatal Crash Site
- Fatal Crash