NASA source tells TV20 spacewalk on Dec. 19 will be required to fix cooling problem on ISS.
Michael Bargo sentenced to death for the murder of Seath Jackson.
Gainesville City Commission Opposed to Police Merger Discussion
Gainesville city commissioners and Mayor Craig Lowe said they oppose legislation to study a potential merger of the Gainesville police department with the Alachua County Sheriff's Office. At a special meeting Monday night, the commission voted to pass a resolution in opposition to proposed legislation in the hands of state lawmakers. While commissioners rallied for support, those backing the bill said the resolution wasn't surprising.
"It's going to take this whole city I have a feeling,saying well I won't swear here, but heck no," said commissioner Randy Wells.
"This is all this is fact finding. Is it possible to do it better for less money? If it's not then we proceed as business as normal," said Brandon Kutner with the Police Benevolent Association.
The next step in the process is a special meeting of the Alachua County Legislative Delegation on Monday, January 31st, 2011 at 10 A.M. The meeting will be held at the Thomas Center A in the Long Gallery. Those wishing to address state lawmakers must register in advance. To register e-mail Michelle Shefield at email@example.com or by calling her at (352) 955-3083.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Gainesville Meets to Discuss Police Chief Position Opening
- Gainesville City Leaders Discuss Ownership of Possible Bio-Mass Power Plant
- Gainesville City Commissioners Near End of Budget Discussions
- Downtown Business Owners Send Letter To City, Opposing Free Parking Elimination
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- Gainesville City Commission Bans LED signs
- Final Gainesville City Commission Forum
- Gainesville City Commission Passes Annexation Ordinance
- Runoff Needed in Gainesville City Commission Race