Governor Scott Targets State Pension Funds
There is growing anxiety among civil servants as Governor Rick Scott declared their retirement plans "a fiscal ticking time bomb." The new governor is considering whether to have employees contribute to a 401-k style pension plan. Some teachers argued the current system is a form of security and promised benefits for years of faithful service.
"I think we're all concerned because we're not really sure which way Governor Scott is going to go," said Gainesville High School teacher Peggy Johnson.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Florida Board of Governors Issue $20 Million in Funding
- Governor proposes more funds for springs restoration
- Governor Rick Scott Schedules Lethal Injection for Convicted Killer
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- Governor Rick Scott Will Assign New Judge To Pedro Bravo Case
- Chain of Clinics Started by Governor Scott Changes Name
- Governor Scott Announces Decision to Withdraw from PARCC
- Governor Scott Full Interview
- Governor Scott Signs Death Warrant