Governor Scott Targets State Pension Funds
There is growing anxiety among civil servants as Governor Rick Scott declared their retirement plans "a fiscal ticking time bomb." The new governor is considering whether to have employees contribute to a 401-k style pension plan. Some teachers argued the current system is a form of security and promised benefits for years of faithful service.
"I think we're all concerned because we're not really sure which way Governor Scott is going to go," said Gainesville High School teacher Peggy Johnson.
To see more on this report, watch the video to your right.
- Governor proposes more funds for springs restoration
- Governor vetoes funding for Reichert House
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Florida Board of Governors Issue $20 Million in Funding
- Judge Set to Issue Ruling in Florida Pension Lawsuit
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Governor Scott Full Interview
- Governor Scott Signs Death Warrant
- Governor Scott Visits UF in Support President Machen's Goal of Becoming Top 10 University