Man Dies after Jump from Window
A man is dead in Summerfield after he jumped through his neighbor's window. The Marion County Sheriff's Department is still trying to figure out what prompted him to jump through glass.
According to reports, 41-year-old Laird Butler, who went by Larry, broke into his next door neighbor's home on 143rd Lane. Authorities believe Butler was startled by Duke, a boxer and pit bull mix locked inside the home's bedroom.
At that point, Sheriff's believe, Butler jumped through the front window of the home, breaking his arm and severely cutting himself.
Butler walked to a nearby neighbor's home for help leaving leaving a trail of blood on the pavement. Butler died on the way to the hospital.
Authorities believe Butler may have entered the home to steal, but neighbors think otherwise.
They say Butler battled psychological issues and was paranoid. One neighbor who did not wish to be identified said Butler thought "demons" were after him.
Philip Wilcox who lives at the home with his daughter Angela Wilcox and her young son said he left the front door unlocked, and Butler dead-bolted himself inside and chose to jump out of the window rather than open the front door.
Authorities believe Butler may have been under the influence of drugs.
- Toddler Dies After Falling Out of Motel Window
- Man Not Armed When He Jumps From Crane
- Police: Man Robs McDonald's Through Drive-Thru Window
- Starke Man Dies After Losing Control Of His Motorcycle
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree
- Man Hospitalized After 15-Foot Fall From Tree
- Woman Dies After Fall From Fishing Boat
- Chicago Bears Fan Dies After Man Cuts His Throat