Husband Instigates Pitt bull to Attack
A pit bull attacked two women in Summerfield late Sunday night after the dog owner instigating the dog to bite.
According to Marion County Sheriffs reports, 49-year-old Julian Saunders got into an argument with his 19-year-old daughter after he watched the Superbowl. During the argument, Saunders allegedly fetched the family dog, pinned his daughter to the floor, and instigated his pit bull to attack. The dog latched on to his daughter's right arm. The teen's mother heard the screams and jumped in to help. The dog then turned on her, biting her left arm.
The women were able to get away, went to a local hospital for treatment and were later released. Deputies later arrested Saunders at his brother's nearby home.
A witness told deputies that Saunders often brings the dog into the home when he thinks a fight is going to start.
As of Monday evening, the pit bull was still in the home's back yard.
Saunders has a history of drug related and battery charges. He is now charged with felony domestic battery and was booked into the Marion County jail without bond.
Officials with Marion County Animal Services said the dog was under home quarantine. The teen's mother told TV20 she will probably have the dog put down.
- Pit Bull Attack In Gainesville Kills Dog & Injures Owner
- Orange Heights Man Attacked by Bull
- Pit Bulls Attack 91-Year-Old Man
- Ten Month Old Baby Attacked By Pit Bull
- Zephyrhills Woman Shoots Husband
- Husband Shoots Wife, Leaves Her For Dead
- Husband Threatens to Kill Wife with a Knife
- Woman Who Shot Husband Denied Bond
- Husband Runs Over Wife
- Husband of Convicted Killer Fighting for her Appeal