Initial Report, Crime Down in Gainesville
Initial numbers are out that indicate crime is down in the city of Gainesville. Police chief Tony Jones revealed the numbers Tuesday night to to a group of neighborhood leaders that he credited for part of the success. Jones said overall crime dropped more than 16 percent in 2010 compared to the year before.
"I think that we have made some significant gains. I think that we still have a way to go...trust is something you never take for granted and is something you work on a daily basis," said Jones.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- Is Your Car Easy Prey For Crime? GPD Car Report Cards Can Tell You
- Crime Rates Down In North Central Florida
- Juvenile Crime Down in Alachua County
- Violent Crimes Rates Rise In Gainesville
- Gainesville Police Use Robot To Spread Crime Prevention Message
- A Known Crime Ring Strikes in Gainesville
- Get an Inside Look at Gainesville's C.A. Pound Crime Lab
- Gainesville Crime Task Force
- Gainesville Police Say One Nightclub Has Too Much Crime