Kalisz Sentenced to Life
Justice has been served. In a pre-trial hearing for the murder of Dixie County Sheriff's Captain Chad Reed, the defendent John Kalisz plead guilty. Kalisz entered a plea of guilty to first degree murder at around `1:30 today. Kalisz has been sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. It's been over a year since Reed's murder and his family can now begin to move one.
It was a tear filled courtroom in Dixie County today as Reed's accused killer plead guilty. Reed's widow, Holly, read a heartfelt message about her late husband. But it was a powerful three words, that told the audience it was over.
Kalisz will be transported to Hernando County where he shot four people, killing two, just hours before murdering Reed in Dixie County. The case in Hernando is entirely separate from the one in Dixie, and Kalisz will again have the opportunity to a trial depending on his plea.
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Man Charged With Killing Girl, 4, Receives Life Sentence
- Five Life Sentences For Child Molestor
- 19 yr old Charlie Ely Sentenced to Life
- Man Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Man Gets 4 Consecutive Life Sentences for Murder
- Justin Soto Sentenced to Life
- Hooper, Wright Sentenced to Life in Seath Jackson Murder Case
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Zachary Lee Snyder Receives Life Sentence