Pit Bulls Attack 91-Year-Old Man
A routine morning walk for a 91-year-old man turned into a fight for his life. He was walking his small dog over the weekend when the neighbors' pit bulls attacked his dog. Then, the three pit bulls made him their new target. The victim's family wants their neighbors' dogs to be put down.
91-year-old Tom Scott was taking his usual morning stroll with his dog Moo Moo, when three pit bulls came after his toy dog. Scott says he tried protecting his Pekingese, when he blacked out and woke up in the neighbors yard, dogs gnawing at his ankles. According to the police report, all three dogs belong to the same neighbor, who heard Scott's cry for help and called the dogs off of him. Moo Moo was found later with numerous puncture wounds.
Supervisor of Putnam County Animal Control, Nikki Cavanaugh, says they treat animal attacks on a case by case basis. Cavanaugh says its unclear whether Scott was on his property or the neighbors. If the investigation finds he was on the neighbors, it's considered a protection of ownership by the dogs.
For now, animal control will take the dogs into quarantine for ten days to monitor them for rabies. If they don't appear violent, they may return home depending on the results of the investigation.
- 18-Year-Old Suspect is Tased, Arrested After Attacking Police
- 96-Year-Old Woman Brutally Attacked Still Alive
- Pit Bull Attack In Gainesville Kills Dog & Injures Owner
- Man Who Stabbed Pit Bull To Death During Dogfight Arrested
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- 68-Year-Old Man Stops Robbery
- Man Kills 4-year-old Daughter
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Having Sex With 11-Year-Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Accused of Having Sex With 14-Year-Old