Will Innovation Square Spark Redevelopment?
City leaders hope plans to build a dynamic new home to house Gainesville's growing innovation community will result in a spillover effect. While innovation hub takes shape, they are assessing what may happen to it's west. Initial findings indicate there is tremendous amount of potential for redevelopment.
"To a certain degree it's up to the individual groups, entities, businesses that do the development but what is being projected is for 6 to 8 story vertical buildings... primarily a lot of office space," said engineer Jay Brown who was hired by the city to perform an analysis.
To see more on this report, watch the video to the right side of this page.
- Innovation Square Wins Award
- New Residence Hall at Innovation Square to Fuel Entrepreneurship
- CurtCo Robb Media Comes to Innovation Square, Plans to Recruit Talent
- "Start-up Dorm" Planned for Innovation Square
- Innovation Square Starting To Take Shape
- Waldo Road Redevelopment Meeting
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- Waldo Road Redevelopment
- Technology Spotlight 6/21/11 "Innovation Square Moves Ahead"
- NYPD Bomb Squad Gives All-Clear In Times Square