Chinese Developers Take a Field Trip to Alachua County
They flew from China to see how things are done in Alachua County. A group from the Hunan Province visited Gainesville today, meeting commissioners and touring county offices.
Their goal was to learn about the integration of natural resource protection and growth management.
Director of Growth Management Steven Lachnicht said, "We are quite honored by their visit, it's quite a surprise to us. They are a very high level of planning directors from the Hunan Province in China."
The Hunan Province is just bigger than the state of Florida, but has three times the population, at around 64 million people. The area is considered a high development zone.
- Oak Hall and Gainesville take Alachua County Track & Field Titles
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Federal Dollars Pay for a "Green" Field Trip
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Lee Niblock to Take Over as Alachua County Manager
- Environmentally Conscious Development Takes Root
- Trip to Medieval Fair takes people back in time
- Gators Take the Field: Orange and Blue Debut
- Students, Parents Take Part In Family Field Day
- First Female QB in Florida Takes Field