Columbia County EMS On Chopping Block
Columbia County's move to privatize it's emergency service took a turn for the worse, for current E-M-S workers today. Four agencies submitted applications to the county to run E-M-S, but only three were accepted. The fourth application, Columbia County emergency service, was cut. The committee agreed Columbia County E-M-S was "non-responsive" in the qualifications they submitted and therefore were not considered.
The rankings are as follows:
1.) Life Guard Ambulance
2.) Century Ambulance Service
3.) Rural Metro Corporation
For the full story, watch the video to the right.
- Local Mental Health Facility on the Chopping Block? Maybe Not...
- Florida Nutrition Program on the Chopping Block Amidst Budgeting Issues
- Chop Shop Busted
- Block Tuition at UF...Blocked
- UF Plaza Block Party... Blocked
- Homeless Rates Up in Alachua, Columbia County
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Child Abuse Reported In Columbia County
- Columbia County Teacher Suspended for Inappropriate Behavior
- Grow House Bust in Columbia County